The mission of Windswept Academy is to provide our students with a Christ-centered, quality, academic education in a Biblically directed learning environment that prepares them for leadership and Christian service in the community and the world.
In a Christ-centered environment, students of Windswept Academy will acquire wisdom, knowledge, critical thinking skills, and a Biblical worldview as demonstrated by a lifestyle of Christian discipline, character, leadership, worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry and evangelism.
Statement of Faith
Windswept Academy is a Christ-centered institution. The Board of Directors, along with the faculty and staff, are committed to an evangelical interpretation and application of the Christian faith. We are committed to the following articles of belief:
- That the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That man was created in the image of God but, as a result of sin, is lost and powerless to save himself.
- That the only hope for man is to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the virgin-born Son of God, who died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead so that by receiving him as Savior and Lord, man in redeemed by His blood.
- That Jesus Christ will return to earth in power and glory.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells those who receive Christ for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and holy lives.
- That the Church is the Body of Christ and is composed of all those who through belief in Christ have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The mission of the Church is worldwide evangelism and nurturing and discipling of Christians.
Windswept Academy began its first school year on August 27, 2009, with 12 students in grades Kindergarten through Second, at the home of the First Baptist Church of Eagle Butte, South Dakota. Our second year began in August 2010 with 19 children enrolled in Kindergarten through Sixth grade.
Due to our rapid expansion, we outgrew our first home and moved to a new location at 332 Cedar Street in Eagle Butte. Our third year began in August 2011 with 29 students and by the start of our fourth year in 2012, we had 40 students attending.
By May 2013, we had outgrown our building and in August 2013 we began building a new multi-purpose building on our campus to handle our new growth. In September 2013, the school begins its fifth year with 50 students. Our new building, located at 121 Cedar Street, was completed in September 2014 and it ushered in 67 students as we entered our sixth year!