Windswept Academy is hiring the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. We are excited about the awesome work God is doing at our school and we are looking for a janitor, cook, and a few highly qualified teachers (Elementary, Middle, and High School) to partner with us to carry out the mission, vision and values of our school. If you are a passionate follower of Jesus; if you are a called and equipped educator; if you would like to train tomorrow’s leaders today, please prayerfully consider joining our team.
Would you like to be paid to do missions?
If you enjoy mission work and working with students please consider one of these opportunities at Windswept. These are salaried positions that also include help with housing, assistance with moving expenses, and meals during school hours. We are currently looking to fill positions with qualified mission-minded individuals including:
Elementary, Middle or High School teachers (with Middle and High School teachers able to teach one of the following specialty subjects: science or math). These are salaried positions that also include help with housing, assistance with moving expenses, and meals during school hours.
- Teach students using the approved curriculum. Plan and organize instruction. Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Organize and manage the classroom environment to maximize learning. Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with students and parents/guardians, supervisor and other staff members
- Implement a learning plan for each student. Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback. Participate in teacher-parent/guardian conferences.
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Personal relationship with Christ
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, teaching or in a specialized field (math or science)
- Preferred teaching experience
- Preferred teaching license/certification
- Must pass all background checks
- For Middle-School and High School Teachers: Preferred endorsement in the specific subject area (English, science, music or a foreign language)
How to Apply:
- Cover letter stating the position you are seeking;
- Completed application.
To submit an application in writing via U.S. Mail, or email, please send to:
Attention: Hiring Coordinator
P.O. Box 1576
Eagle Butte, South Dakota 57625
Windswept Academy does not discriminate in its employment practices against any person because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age or disability.